The oldest monument in Kowary is the Church of the Holy Name of Mary located at Franciszkański Square. The first mention of the church dates back to the 13th century. The church is in the Gothic style, and features a tower topped with a tin helmet. A mysterious sculpture called "Madonna of the monster" preserved from the early Middle Ages on one of the tower walls. Why? You should check it out yourselves.
The interior is the most impressive to visitors. It is worth to admire the late-Baroque altar, the pulpit and the organ front. Murals on the wooden ceiling made by Jan Lorenz and his brothers are delighting. The most telling among these paintings is the image of the Trinity, the Ark of the Covenant and the apocalyptic vision of the end of the world.
In the vicinity of the church there are: the 18th century Baroque stone bridge on the Jedlica River featuring the sandstone statue of St. John of Nepomuk, and the Roman Catholic rectory building built in 1779-1783.