In the southern part of the City Park, on a small earth embankment behind railway tracks, there is a mysterious monument. An over a metre high quartz block was placed on the pedestal built of granite stones. The pedestal bears a stone plaque with a metal rim with the inscription "O.V. 1893". This monument commemorates the construction of walking paths and resting places in 1893 by the "Local Society in Kowary" (Ortsverein in Schmiedeberg) founded a year earlier. This organisation set itself the goal of improving the aesthetics of the city, creating new and expanding old promenades, planting ornamental trees and beautifying the immediate vicinity of Kowary.