It was erected in 1714-1717 according to the design of Kasper Jentsch from Jelenia Góra. It is constructed on a polygonal plan without a separate chancel.
The entry to the church is adorned with a portal crowned with an impressive cartouche. Both sides of the single-nave interior accommodate a row of chapels and, above them, matronea. Its most awe-inspiring feature is the sculpted interior. The main element of the fittings is the main altar (the work of a sculptor from Jelenia Góra, Heinrich Wagner) with the painting of a renowned Silesian painter, Michał Willmann. Another noteworthy element is the pulpit ornamented with low reliefs presenting scenes from the life of the patron of the church. The crypt under the church is a place eternal rest of the members of the Schaffgotsch family who lived in Cieplice.
The courtyard of the church (former graveyard) houses the column of the Holy Trinity and a statute of Saint Florian, on the surrounding wall there are 16th and 17th century tombstones and funerary stones of the members of the Schaffgotschs family ruling Radomierz (moved from the local church). The courtyard is closed by a four-sided church bell tower erected at the beginning of the 18th century.
Near the church there is a publicly available spring topped with a sculpture. The nearby information boards provide details about the chemical composition and application of the Cieplice springs. Coming back towards the Schaffgotsch Palace we pass the „Marysieńka” Spring Sanatorium. The wall of the building hosts a board commemorating the creation of the first mountain guide in Polish, „Warmbrunn and its surroundings...”. It was written by Rozalia Saulson who resided in Cieplice in 1849. Further on our trip from the Piastowski square we should head out for a longer walk to the Zdrojowy Park.