home
Drukuj
Places
Wang Church
contact details:
48757619228
wang@wang.com.pl
ul. Na Śnieżkę 8
58-540 Karpacz
Wang Church in Karpacz A pearl of the Karkonosze Mountains and a 12 th century monument of Nordic architecture The Wang (pron. Vang) stave church was built in the 12th century in Vang, a town on the Lake Vangsmjøsa in Norway. It was brought to the Karkonosze Mountains in 1842 by Friedrich Wilhelm IV, the then King of Prussia. Its construction was completed without the use of nails. Carvings above the 12th century portals and on the column capitals, as well as the sculptures of Nordic lions are original examples of craftsmanship of Viking descendants. The stylised passage way and granite bell tower can be admired outside of the church. Near the church are: the Parish House which off ers guest rooms, the Wang Diakonia with fi rst aid facilities, a bookshop with Christian and tourist publications for sale, and the sculpture of Lazarus. Many main hiking tracks to Mt Śnieżka and other popular mountain destinations, have their starting points in the vicinity of the church. The historic cemetery provides a scenic view of the valley of Jelenia Góra and surrounding mountain range.
visitkarkonosze
na Instagramie
visitkarkonosze
na Twitter
visitkarkonosze
na Google+